This new and pivotal role within Situ Live will assist in the development and delivery of our digital store and the supporting data and digital content. Situ Live is bringing some of the magic of theatre to how we shop for lifestyle technology products. We are building a unique digital platform that connects brands with mobile-first shoppers using live storytelling in premium high footfall locations and live streamed online. We showcase some of the best and most innovative products available with easy-to-use shopping tools taking the stress out of choosing what's right for our shoppers.
As a founding member of the team you will have opportunities to shape how our systems and processes are developed and deliver an outstanding new service to consumers and our brand partners. Our digital platform is being developed to manage and present product information for our innovation catalogue of consumer technology across entertainment, home, work, communications, wellness, sport, travel and more. Our platform ingests and transforms specification data into Product Context Metadata that helps shoppers better understand the features of a product and how it would fit in their lives. The platform will power our ecommerce store that will serve our online visitors and provides the path to purchase for visitors in our physical stores.
As Ecommerce Manager you will take ownership of a group of categories, managing the sources and quality of product data, imagery, pricing and availability. You will develop a deep understanding of the categories, the technologies, the terminology, the brands and the trends. You will work with our platform and with other data management tools to define and maintain the product data to the highest levels of accuracy and consistency. With your other colleagues reporting into the Lead Ecommerce Manager you will work on a common metadata taxonomy to ensure consistency across products/services.
You will also work alongside our other teams:
• With our engineering and design team to help the continual development of the platform – assisting with testing new features, providing feedback and recommendations of improvements.
• With our content team to guide them on tagging content, to feed them with interesting things happening in your categories and support their understanding when creating category specific content – e.g. buying guides.
• With our user experience and customer success team to develop approaches to metadata and interface design that help consumers find and understand products and content.
• With our consumer facing team in our venues and online to train and inform them on latest trends, technologies and products in your categories.
• With our sales team to find new potential brands to feature in our catalogue and within our live venues.
Skills and experience
• Extremely keen eye for detail.
• Strong numeric and literary skills.
• Educated to degree standard in a numeric discipline (mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics etc) and/or a clear track record of working in a similar or transferable role (e.g. ecommerce, data, or affiliate management).
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and preferably in other data management and visualisation tools.
• Experience of using web-based Ecommerce, PIM, CMS, and DAM systems.
• Experience optimising and managing product feeds.
• Ability to adopt internal systems and processes quickly.
• Good communicator, both written and verbal, at all levels within an organisation.
• Proactive, self-motivated, able to work alone as well as develop relationships working as an integral part of a team.
• Comfortable and proficient at remote working and working on the move.
• Have a passionate interest and be an advocate for consumer technology.