This new and pivotal role within Situ Live will assist in the development and delivery of our product and content metadata that drives our digital offering to consumers. As a founding member of the team you will have opportunities to shape how our systems and processes are developed and deliver an outstanding new service to consumers and our brand partners.
Situ Live is developing a unique product discovery platform to manage and present product information for our innovation catalogue of consumer technology across entertainment, home, work, communications, wellness, sport, travel and more. Our platform ingests and transforms specification data into Product Context Metadata that helps consumers better understand the features of a product and how it would fit in their lives.
As a Product Data Manager you will take ownership of a group of categories, managing the sources and quality of product data, imagery, pricing and availability. You will develop a deep understanding of the categories, the technologies, the terminology, the brands and the trends. You will work with our platform and with other data management tools to define and maintain the data to the highest levels of accuracy and consistency. With your other colleagues reporting into the Lead Product Data Manager you will work on a common metadata taxonomy to ensure consistency across products/services.
You will also work alongside our other teams:
- With our engineering and design team to help the continual development of the platform – assisting with testing new features, providing feedback and recommendations of improvements.
- With our content team to guide them on tagging content, to feed them with interesting things happening in your categories and support their understanding when creating category specific content – e.g. buying guides.
- With our user experience and customer success team to develop approaches to metadata and interface design that help consumers find and understand products and content.
- With our consumer facing team in our venues and online to train and inform them on latest trends, technologies and products in your categories.
- With our sales team to find new potential brands to feature in our catalogue and within our live venues.
Skills and experience
- Extremely keen eye for detail.
- Strong numeric and literary skills.
- Educated to degree standard in a numeric discipline (mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics etc) and/or a clear track record of working in a similar or transferable role.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and preferably in other data management and visualisation tools.
- Experience of using web-based PIM, CMS, and DAM systems.
- Ability to adopt internal systems and processes quickly.
- Good communicator, both written and verbal, at all levels within an organisation.
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to work alone as well as develop relationships working as an integral part of a team.
- Comfortable and proficient at remote working and working on the move.
- Have a passionate interest and be an advocate for consumer technology.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying